Another Google search another question answered.Â This time it’s for the guy out in Bakersfield, CA who asked “should ftms take t weekly or biweekly”.
Answer: It depends.Â I’ve done both with minimal differences while on a lower dose, but significant emotional problems when the dose increases (around 50-75mg/wk).Â Different guys will respond based on their own personal chemistry.
A few reasons why guys choose to start on weekly shots:
- Fewer mood swings.Â The theory is that you won’t get the severe highs and lows associated with biweekly injections so your mood will balance out.
- Less acne.Â For the same reason as the mood swings.
- Easier to tweak dosage.Â I don’t suggest doing this without the supervision of a doctor, but sometimes there aren’t really other options.
Reasons to go biweekly:
- Fewer injections.Â This is actually why I’m on biweekly right now.Â I’m horrible at remembering to do my shot every week so I end up accidentally doing one every other week.
- Less scar tissue.Â You’ll be doing this for the rest of your life so scar tissue becomes a concern.
- Standard practice.Â Most doctors start off on biweekly injection so that’s what’s considered normal.
- How the T was designed.Â Enthanate/Entanate and Cypionate were both designed to have a 2 week release cycle.
Really it depends on your body.Â If you’re ok with biweekly then stick with that.Â If not, try weekly or every 10 days.